What am I Thankful For?

giveawayboy via CompfightIt's Turkey Lurkey Time

I am thankful for a lot of different things. One thing I am grateful for is being able to play on an elite travel baseball team. A lot of kids are talented enough to play travel baseball but their family does not have the money to pay for it. Being on a travel team opens up many opportunities. One example was when I went to the ESPN World Wide of Sports Complex with an all-star team from across the Midwest. If I had not been on a travel team; I would then not be eligible for the trip to the ESPN World Wide of Sports Complex New Year’s Eve Classic. Travel baseball does not just open opportunities for me, it helps me develop as a person. You know I am not the most organized and responsible person. Travel baseball helps me with these tasks. I have to make sure where both of my uniform combinations are at all times. I also have to make sure everything is packed in my baseball bag for the next big travel. I can’t forget anything because it is not just driving back home from down the street, it is a whole hour drive home most of the time.

I am also thankful for the Chicago Cubs finally winning the World Series. The Cubs have been in a 108-year drought of not winning the World Series. But at 12:00 am on November 3, the Cubs won the World Series of Baseball, 8-7 in 12 innings. Ben Zobrist hit a go-ahead double to give the Cubs the lead; and Mike Montgomery closed the game out for the Cubs. I knew it was the year and I was ecstatic.

The thing I am most thankful for is having an awesome and loving family. My family cares for me all the time and even spoils me. They send me to a great school and also allow me to play travel baseball. They are the ones that make the opportunities happen. I wish everyone could have the great family I have.

Chicago Cubs Logo MD111 via Compfight